Wednesday 21 August 2013

A clean sweep!

Last year, I purchased Caudalie's cleansing water and oh my, was it a revelation! Removed make up with the hassle of washing your face and flooding the bathroom, with no residue and no irritation afterwards - I was sold.  Alas, every bottle has to run out eventually and mine ran out just in time for L'oreal to release their 3-in-1 purifying micellar solution.



In a relatively un-fancy bottle, this is part of their new skin perfection range, fronted by the gorgeous Cheryl Cole.
It has a flip top lid and dispenses easily, with little chance of waste.  It is marketed as being hypo-allergenic and therefore suitable for sensitive skins.  It claims to remove all traces of make-up using just gentle sweeping motions across la visage, although some areas such as eyes and lips may require you to hold the cotton pad over the area for a few seconds longer.
It also claims to help tone the skin too.


Above is the finished result, this was quick and easy and left my face feeling clean with no redness or tightness.  I would like to try keeping this in the fridge and then using it on my eyes to dissolve my eye make-up, I think that would feel lovely and refreshing and I know it won't irritate my eyes.  I would say that if you had on more than one coat of mascara, this may struggle to remove it all.  I had previously got my make-up done at the Bobbi Brown counter and this took all that make-up off with no problems.
This is an affordable cleansing solution to keep in your work or gym bag or just to have handy when you're feeling lazy (like me!) and at the moment, superdrug have got them better than half-price at £2.48 instead of their r.r.p of £4.99 here.  I think I am going to go get a few back up bottles, and perhaps explore a bit more of this new range. 

Have you tried cleansing waters? 

Have you tried any of the new skin perfection range? 

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx
*Update, as of 28th August the price now seems to have gone back up to £4.99 but is now 2 for £6 

No comments:

Post a Comment